BOOK LISTS OF GREAT READS:
- THE HOLY QURAN Yousef Ali translation for English readers
- ONE MIND AT A TIME BY MEL LEVINE— wonderful book for EVERY parent and educator.
- THE RITALIN IS NOT THE ANSWER ACTION GUIDE BY DAVID B. STEIN, PH.D
- HOW TO REACH AND TEACH ADD/AHDH CHILDREN BY SANDRA F. RIEF—necessary tool for teachers!!
- IF I SHOULD SPEAK BY UMM ZAKIYYAH— EXCELLENT EXCELLENT READ!
- MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCES BY HOWARD GARDNER
- AT HOME IN THE STREET BY TOBIAS HECHT—About street children in Brazil
- HOW TO TALK SO KIDS CAN LEARN BY ADEL FABER & ELAINE MAZLISH
- AL-SHAMA’IL AL- MUHAMMADIYYAH selections from the attributes of Prophet Muhammed His virtuous character and Islamic manners by MUHAMMAD IBN JAMEEL ZINO
- A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam http://www.islam-guide.com/
11. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, An epic exploration of the ties that bind sons to fathers and boyhood friends to one another– and of the forces that tear them apart. This is the story about a young boy whos father is a powerful politicial in Afghanistan. The boy grows up thinking that his best friend is only the son of the servant but he learns the truth as a young adult upon the death of his father. The book and movie both describe events in terms of islamic law which may not necessarily represent Islam correctly, but the book is still a powerful and moving account of life in Afghanistan. Highly recommended.