September 26, 2014
When an European airline was initially launched, an educated Muslim gentleman was traveling in the first class section. An air hostess approached him with a complimentary alcoholic drink, so that man politely refused. The air hostess returned but this time bought the drink on a platter, designed to appeal and impress however Muslim man again politely refused, explaining he doesn’t drink alcohol. The air hostess was concerned and informed the manager. The manager approached the man with another platter, now designed with flowers, and questioned, “Is there something wrong with our service? Please enjoy the drink, it is a complimentary offer.” The man replied, “I am a Muslim and I do not drink alcohol.” The manager still insisted that the man take the drink.
Then, the Muslim proposed that the manager should give the drink to the pilot first. The manager stated, “How can the pilot drink alcohol, he’s on duty!? And if he drinks there are all chances for the plane to crash”.
The passenger with tears in his eye, replied, “I am a Muslim and I am always on duty in order to protect my Imaan (Faith) and if I drink I will crash my whole life here and in the hereafter.
July 16, 2013
I hope many people take the time to watch or listen to this lecture. It is about an hour long but so worth the time and effort. This Scholar is just so humble and close to the hearts of people. Most of all – what he says makes so much sense. Please let me know what you think after listening to this. For those who are not Muslim, there is much in this for any God fearing people. Just keep in mind what most people do not know, “Allah” is the Arabic word translation for “God” in English. Allah is not some odd unknown god, He is the same God of Abraham Issac Jacob, Noah and all other known prophets and messengers sent before. Enjoy!
June 15, 2013
1. We need to live mindful of how brief our life is — there is but a step between us and death.
2. Most of us spend our lives as if we had another one in the bank — the highest value of time is found in the stewardship of time.
3. The most important thing in our lives is what we are doing now — wasted time means wasted lives.
4. Know the true value of time — no idleness, no laziness, no procrastination, never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
5. Time is a very precious gift of God — so precious that it’s given to us moment by moment.
6. As every thread of gold is valuable, so is every moment of time — spend it wisely.
7. Dollars cannot buy yesterday, lost time is never found — time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.
8. Time is the substance of life — when anyone asks you to give your time, they are really asking for a chunk of your life.
9. Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of — one man gets only a week’s value out of a year while another man gets a full year’s value out of a week.
10. Have a time and place for everything, and do everything in its time and place, and you will not only accomplish more, but have far more leisure than those who are always hurrying.
11. The one who dares to waste one hour of life has not discovered the value of life.
May 27, 2013
Yasmin Mogahed offers an AMAZING lecture about this life and how deceived we are living a rat race. When we really love someone we honor them with special care and attention, but do we offer God our love and honor? Are we fulfilling those things that God has requested of us? Are we following our own whims or making an effort to live a pure life and worship God without it feeling like a burden? Do we see the storm coming?
July 14, 2012
I was sitting on a beach one summer day, watching two children, a boy and a girl, playing in the sand. They were hard at work building a sandcastle by the water’s edge with gates and towers and moats and internal passages. Just when they had nearly finished their project, a big wave came along and knocked it down, reducing it to a heap of wet sand.
I expected the children to burst into tears, devastated by what had happened to all their hard work. But they surprised me. Instead, they ran up the shore away from the water, laughing and holding hands, and sat down to build another castle.
I realized that they had taught me an important lesson. All the things in our lives, all the complicated structures we spend so much time and energy creating, are built on sand.
Only our relationships to other people endure. Sooner or later, the wave will come along and knock down what we have worked so hard to build up. When that happens, only the person who has somebody’s hand to hold will be able to laugh.
May 13, 2012
A boy saw a BEAUTIFUL girl that captured his heart. He went to his dad as he wanted to marry her.
His dad responded, “No you don’t deserve her. I will take her for myself!”
They had a disagreement, so they went to the city’s judge to solve the problem. He told them “neither you or him will marry her, I’m the one who deserves her!”
They all began to quarrel and went to the governor of the city! Of course we all know what happened! he also wanted her for himself. They all wanted her for themselves.
Finally the girl said, “We will make a race in the Forest and you will all chase me and whoever catches me is the winner!”
They ran and ran and ran and finally not realizing an abyss the four men fall in a deep abyss! they all settled in the deep hole staring at the girl who looked down at them and said, “I’m the Dunya! no matter how you chase me you will end up in this hole!”
Oh ALLAH. Keep us aware of our PURPOSE OF LIFE. Oh ALLAH enable us to fulfill our purpose. Oh ALLAH help us fulfill this purpose. Aameen