Time: where does it go??? In the past few years, time has become a rare commodity; it runs- sometimes flys- away and we are left running after it to catch as much of it as we can. At the end of the day we ask ourselves, “what have I accomplished?!” “Have I done something new or learned something different from the day before?” I once read in a book that we should not leave one day to be the same as the day before it. We should always strive to improve ourselves; learn something new, take care of the poor, visit lonely friends or family, strengthen the bonds of relatives, spread some good news and refrain from spreading bad.
Some of us take classes to learn how to better manage the precious time that we have in order to increase our productivity or simply, our enjoyment of time– OF LIFE! Therefore, when I came across this post I felt it’s too good to not share. Also, as an ending note; I will never forget how Siraj Wahaj told us in a conference how he used to even read a small mus-haf during the one minute at traffic lights.. he has gone thru several of those small Quran mashallah… what a great example for us to follow.
Good Deed for the Day: Every minute counts – what can you do in 1 minute?
Life is short and it’s transitory. We to make the most of now – that is, make the mostevery minute possible. Hence, got a list of things that can be done in one minute, by the permission of ALLAH (SWT), and would like to share the same list with you – 25 things to do in 25 minutes everyday (and maybe more times in a day too!) and would love it if you could ADD TO THE LIST as well under comments:
1. In one minute you can recite Surah al-Faatihah 3 times, reciting rapidly (yet clearly) – silently or aloud. The hasanahs one can gain, not to mention, the right Guidance from ALLAH, are incomparable rewards to anything we can get from this material world.
2. In one minute you can recite Surah al-Ikhlas (Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad) 20 times, reciting rapidly (yet clearly) – silently or aloud. Reciting it once is equivalent to one-third of The Qur’an. The rewards for this are well-known.
3. You can read one page of The Qur’an in one minute.
4. You can memorize a short Aayah from The Qur’an in one minute.
5. In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-Allah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahu’l-mulk wa lahu’l-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer (There is no god except ALLAH (SWT) alone with no partner; to Him be dominion and praise, and He is Able to do all things) – 20 times.
6. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allaahi wa bi hamdihi (Glory and praisebe to ALLAH (SWT)) 100 times to ask for forgiveness from ALLAH (SWT).
7. In one minute you can say Subhaan Allahi wa bi hamdihi Subhaan Allaahil-‘Azeem (Glory and praise be to ALLAH (SWT), glory be to ALLAH (SWT) the Almighty) 50 times. These are two phrases which are light on the lips, heavy in the balance and beloved to the Most Merciful, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.
8. The Prophet (peace and blessings of ALLAH (SWT) be upon him) said:”When I say ‘Subhaan-Allaah wa’l-hamdu Lillah, wa laa ilaah ill-Allaah,wa-allahu akbar (Glory be to ALLAH (SWT), praise be to ALLAH (SWT), there is no god except ALLAH (SWT), and ALLAH (SWT) is Most Great)’, this is more beloved to me than all that the sun rises upon.” (Narrated in Muslim). In one minute, you can say all of these words more than 18 times. These words are the most beloved words to ALLAH (SWT), the best of words, and they weigh heavily in the balance of good deeds, as was narrated in the saheeh ahaadeeth.
9. In one minute you can say, Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa Billaah (ther eis no strength and no power except with ALLAH (SWT)) more than 40 times. This is one of the treasures of Paradise, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.They are a means of putting up with difficulties and of aiming to achieve great things.
10. In one minute you can say Laa ilaaha ill-ALLAH (SWT) approximately 50 times. This is the greatest word, for it is the word of Tawheed, the good word,the word that stands firm.
11. In one minute you can say Subhaan ALLAH (SWT) wa bi hamdih, ‘adadakhalqihi, wa ridaa nafsihi, wazinata ‘arshihi, wa midaada kalimaatihi (Glory and praise be to ALLAH (SWT), as much as the number of His creation, as much as pleases Him, as much as the weight of His Throne and as much as the ink of His words) more than 15 times.
12. In one minute you can seek the forgiveness of ALLAH (SWT) several times by saying “Astaghfir-ALLAH (SWT) (I seek the forgiveness of ALLAH (SWT)).The virtues of seeking forgiveness are no secret, for it is the means of attaining forgiveness and entering Paradise, and it is the means of being granted a good life, increasing one’s strength, warding off disasters, making things easier, bringing rain and increasing one’s wealth and children.
13. You can say a few brief, productive and concise words in one minute to someone, and ALLAH (SWT) may bring about some good through them that you could never imagine.
14. In one minute you can send blessings on the Prophet (peace and blessings of ALLAH (SWT) be upon him) 50 times by saying Sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam(May ALLAH (SWT) bless him and grant him peace).
15. In one minute you can motivate your heart to give thanks to ALLAH (SWT),to love Him, to fear Him, to put hope in Him, to long for Him, and thus travel through the stages of ‘uboodiyyah (total enslavement to ALLAH (SWT)). You could do this when you are lying on your bed or walking in the street.
16. In one minute you can read more than two pages of a useful book that iseasy to understand.
17. In one minute you can uphold the ties of kinship by calling a relativeon the phone.
18. You can raise your hands and recite any du’aa’ you wish from the booksof du’aa’, in one minute.
19. You can say salaams to and shake hands with a number of people in one minute.
20. You can forbid an evil action in one minute.
21. You can enjoin something good in one minute.
22. You can offer sincere advice to a brother in one minute.
23. You can console someone who is depressed in one minute.
24. You can remove something harmful from the road in one minute.
25. Making the most of one minute motivates you to make the most of other periods that would otherwise be wasted.
Your contributions are awaited! More Good Deeds and Practical Tips to follow more consistently