September 26, 2014
When an European airline was initially launched, an educated Muslim gentleman was traveling in the first class section. An air hostess approached him with a complimentary alcoholic drink, so that man politely refused. The air hostess returned but this time bought the drink on a platter, designed to appeal and impress however Muslim man again politely refused, explaining he doesn’t drink alcohol. The air hostess was concerned and informed the manager. The manager approached the man with another platter, now designed with flowers, and questioned, “Is there something wrong with our service? Please enjoy the drink, it is a complimentary offer.” The man replied, “I am a Muslim and I do not drink alcohol.” The manager still insisted that the man take the drink.
Then, the Muslim proposed that the manager should give the drink to the pilot first. The manager stated, “How can the pilot drink alcohol, he’s on duty!? And if he drinks there are all chances for the plane to crash”.
The passenger with tears in his eye, replied, “I am a Muslim and I am always on duty in order to protect my Imaan (Faith) and if I drink I will crash my whole life here and in the hereafter.
July 16, 2013
I hope many people take the time to watch or listen to this lecture. It is about an hour long but so worth the time and effort. This Scholar is just so humble and close to the hearts of people. Most of all – what he says makes so much sense. Please let me know what you think after listening to this. For those who are not Muslim, there is much in this for any God fearing people. Just keep in mind what most people do not know, “Allah” is the Arabic word translation for “God” in English. Allah is not some odd unknown god, He is the same God of Abraham Issac Jacob, Noah and all other known prophets and messengers sent before. Enjoy!
June 15, 2013
1. We need to live mindful of how brief our life is — there is but a step between us and death.
2. Most of us spend our lives as if we had another one in the bank — the highest value of time is found in the stewardship of time.
3. The most important thing in our lives is what we are doing now — wasted time means wasted lives.
4. Know the true value of time — no idleness, no laziness, no procrastination, never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
5. Time is a very precious gift of God — so precious that it’s given to us moment by moment.
6. As every thread of gold is valuable, so is every moment of time — spend it wisely.
7. Dollars cannot buy yesterday, lost time is never found — time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.
8. Time is the substance of life — when anyone asks you to give your time, they are really asking for a chunk of your life.
9. Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of — one man gets only a week’s value out of a year while another man gets a full year’s value out of a week.
10. Have a time and place for everything, and do everything in its time and place, and you will not only accomplish more, but have far more leisure than those who are always hurrying.
11. The one who dares to waste one hour of life has not discovered the value of life.
June 14, 2013
Mufti Menk speaks about surah Al Kahaf which is good to be read on Fridays. He discusses the many lessons that can be learned from this surah.